05 August, 2008

WE MADE IT!

I want to thank everyone for all your encouraging words and your genuine concern regarding our move off the island. It's so awesome knowing that you have so many people who truly care for you, especially at a time like this.

So, after busting my butt for two days straight to clean and prepare my house to be cleared, and sleeping for only 4 hours the night before, we left NoHO at about 7pm for the airport. The plane took off at 9:20 and it was a 5 hour flight, so I figured we could just sleep on the way to LAX. The kids knocked out, but they were all over me and waking up off and on so I didn't get any sleep whatsoever. I did, however watch what was quite possibly the dumbest movie ever on the plane. Made of Honor.... terrible. Any who... the flight from LAX to AUS went well, except for when Kayla spilled apple juice everywhere and I freaked out on her and got so angry... just to turn around and knock my own cup off the tray table! I soaked myself! I had to go to the little tiny bathroom and change my clothes. HA on me!

We arrived in Austin on time. It was all a bit overwhelming for me at first. I had to concentrate real super hard not to completely break down and lose it. But after being here for a day now I'm starting to feel like I'm where I belong. The kids crashed last night at about 7pm and none of us woke up until 11 o'clock this morning! That's almost 16 hours of sleep! The funny thing is that 11:00 here is 6:00 Hawaii time, which is when they normally wake up. I guess it's gonna take a few days to adjust their internal clocks!

Again, I want to thank everyone for all your support. It's been much needed and appreciated!

~Nicole

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im glad u made it okay.

Lisa and Dave said...

Glad to hear the trip went smooth! Also good to know you are back on the same continent as the rest of us! Now just waiting for My Bro to join us all :(

Nicole said...

He's in California, dork ;-) Then he'll be here in TX. Planning on taking R&R in Ohio.

Lisa and Dave said...

Oh.....I thought he was still in Hawaii. Hopefully we can join you guys in Ohio and actually have everyone together at once!!