Ok, I've been asked by a few different people to keep them updated on the fire. If you click the title of this post, it'll direct you to the latest news clip. They were broadcasting from right off post. Probably a half mile from my house (and for those of you who don't know, we live on Schofield, which he mentions in the clip). These helicopters had me up all night! We were issued a voluntary evacuation yesterday, but I think only one person in my neighborhood actually left. If it crests the Waianae mountain range, which is the one directly behind my house that you can see in the pictures, we'll have to get out, or so I've been told. "Area X" burned down yesterday and that is only about two blocks from my house, but we were told that was a "fire jump" and not to worry about it. It was controlled and not large enough to cross the street. Hmmmm, sounds kinda creepy to me ;-)
Anywho... I'll keep you all informed!

No comments:
Post a Comment